Trading Assistant (Freeworld Trading Ltd) Edinburgh, UK
The position is a full-time opportunity based in our Edinburgh office.
You will assist the trading team in day-to-day tasks under the direction of senior traders.
You will be asked to perform tasks in supply chain management, logistics and contract execution.
You don’t need to bring any specific experience to this role because we will train you on everything you need to know. You’ll always have support on hand, but we’ll also trust you to use your own initiative. It’s about learning new skills and using the ones you already have in order to make a positive impact.
We expect you will bring your best attitude to work as you will be doing a very important job – helping colleagues and customers. It is important to us that you are friendly, enjoy helping your team and are motivated. Plus, you’re comfortable with the idea of learning to use new information and tools.
Your daily duties and tasks will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Providing efficient and effective administration support
- Data input into internal systems, databases and spreadsheets
- Liaising with suppliers and customers
- Respond to customer enquiries and coordinate information between customers, warehouses, and other relevant departments
- Helping to source products
- Following up offers to selected clients
- Providing excellent customer service
- Assisting the trading team with relevant tasks
What we are looking for
- The ability to use your own initiative and be proactive
- Thorough attention to detail
- The ability to organise and prioritise your own workload
- Happy to work in a team but also confident to work solo
- Be passionate, energetic and focused
- Flexible and have the ability to multi-task
- Good problem solver
- Competent Microsoft office user
- Previous commercial or customer service experience
- Minimum 2:2 degree (any discipline)
Who are we?
Freeworld Trading Ltd is an Edinburgh based commodity trading company specialising in the import and distribution of dried fruit, nuts and seeds. We work with a worldwide network of suppliers and source high quality material for the UK, European and global markets. We supply health food wholesalers, supermarket packers and industrial bakeries. Focusing on long term supplier and customer relationships we build transparency and trust to ensure the right supply chains are put in place and are built to last.
You can apply directly by sending an up to date CV along with a covering letter telling us why your skills and experience mean we should hire you. Our contact email is: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.