Taking a pounding?
– Pound has suffered largest drop for over a year in light of referendum calling
– Government remains divided on whether leaving the EU is a good idea. Mayor of London, Boris Johnson, stared that the UK will have a ‘better future’ without the EU, whilst top conservative MPs such as defence secretary Michael Fallon, think staying in the EU would be better for ‘security’.
– The pound fell 1.65% to $1.4167, the biggest one-day drop since 2 January, 2015.
– David Cameron announced on that the EU referendum would be held on 23 June after he came back from Brussels with a renegotiation of Britain’s EU membership.
– It is said that the pound will continue to weaken